Dira Dawa, Northern Ethiopia, January 2007

Inside emergency shelter camp, following massive flooding which left thousands of villagers homeless.

16 March 2012

Meeting the Governor!

(14-year old language version)

omg 2 weeks ago weeks ago I was like at a small Mexican place to eat with my gf and then I had to get up to let some people in to at the next table cuz it was like really crowded and the tables were really close and they couldn't get in unless I got up and then they sat like right next to us and then we started to just chit chat and then the dude who sat right across from me asked about my work and I said like yeah like I write and do activism stuff on climate change & fossil fuels and stuff and he basically said OMG DUDE! I'M THE GOVERNOR OF VERMONT and I said like REALLY NO WAY and he said WAY and I'M BANNING FRACKING & we like talked about fossil fuels policy and stuff then he sent me a letter asking to see my writings & like offered a quote in support of an anti-pipeline speech I gave last week for 350.org I was like omg the mf GOVERNOR

It's nice to find an example of admirable, forward thinking and responsible leadership, for a change, within US political circles now and then. See article on Vermont, below....

No comments:

Post a Comment